Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Save the Date!!

So I went to the doctor last week for my check-up and to schedule my C-section. I'm already in a bad mood, because the nurse draws out the weighing in thing as long as she can everytime!! I step on the scale and she moves the lever up a fraction of a centimeter at a time, so I feel like I've been on the thing for 10 min now and gained 50 lbs in the last 3 weeks. We got people waiting in line to use the scale...I just want to say 'Ya know, lets just move it up 5 or 6 pounds and see where we're at' ! THEN...to make matters worse, when she finally gets to the approximate weight where the bar is teetering up and down between too light and too heavy, we have to sit there and stare at it and adjust until precisely balanced...'oh, too light (adjust)...oh, too heavy (adjust). The whole weighing in procedure takes longer than the actual doctor visit itself!! Anyway, lets get back on track with the point of the story. So after that painstakingly long weigh in and a 30 second "measure the belly/listen to the heartbeat/do you have any questions" doctor visit, I'm walking to the desk to check out still feeling excited because I'll get to schedule my c-section date EARLY!! Well, that hope was extinguished when the nurse looked at the calendar and said 'this is the week we would have you in, but he's [my doctor] going to be out of town all that week'. OF COURSE!!! Why wouldn't he be?? So the date is set...albeit, a week later than planned...for July 31st a.k.a. Dylan and I's 6 year anniversary! I can't think of a better way to celebrate than to have your stomach cut open...how special!! I'm hoping that by some miracle, I can get things rolling the week before as we had planned. If not, then July 31st it is!! Is it here yet.......

8 comments:

Holly said...

what really chaps my ass about the "weigh in" is when they just automatically assume where to put the bigger weight (you know the 0,50,150,200,250) Last time they didn't even give 150 a try, it was like a slap in the face. You would think since they are dealing with hormonal pregnant women everyday, they would start low just as a courtesy to our self esteem. Then its just as humiliating when they've reached the end with the smaller weight and it still isn't balanced and there's that awkward silence like "its okay...we've all had the bigger weight moved up on us, dont feel bad..." July 31st? At least you can say now "I'm having a baby next month" as for me I'm gonna start pushing around the 26th of July, full term is full term, hemmorhoids be damned!

MyR said...

YEAH! I'm so excited for you...I'm still waiting for you to call me. I might not have exciting news afterall but I still would love to talk to you. I just might even call you myself! :)

Jenny said...

Get this: So your sister Holly is in Zildy (Fajardo's) brother's ward... and anyway so I found out you had a blog in this round-about way and wanted to post a congrats! - Holy smokes, I can't believe you have 1.7 kids! exciting! It seems like you are still keeping busy with crazy adventures - you guys always cracked me up (sometimes it made me wish I had ONLY sisters.. but not anymore)

Anyway - hi and congrats!
Jenny (Rush) Helmer
(a friend from way back when...)

zeebee said...

So now you heard the story from Jen about how we found you! Congrats on the new baby, loved the story of the weigh in, you will give birth wayyyyy before me (I'm due in Nov) so at least take that to cheer yourself up with!
-Zildy

Jenny said...

Andrea! - this is so fun! I'm glad I can keep tabs on you!! - I wanted to tell you: I'd be happy to make you a template! I do it just for fun for a few friends, but I need to know what kind of colors you like, if you want a certain theme, etc. and also, how do I get in contact with you? I need to email you a code to change the template....

In the meantime, hang in there! You are not so far away!

Carrie said...

DREE! Oh my gosh! How have you been girl? This is Carrie Sorensen BTW. I found you on my cousin Jenny's blog, please forgive me for blog stalking. Congrats on your newest little one. You are almost done and you look great! Your little girl is too cute for words - looks like her mama! Seriously, too cute!
-Carrie

Carrie said...

Boo Sooners! LOL! Before we moved to Columbus we lived in Kansas City, Kansas and became Jayhawk fans. LOL! OK huh? You can give me a hard time all you want. Remember Denice Evans (she played the flute), they are Gator fans and she loves to bring it up. Ouch! Yeah, we moved back about a year ago and are now building a house in Riverton.
I remember my dad telling me that you were on the championship softball team a way back. That is cool. I have all of the good band memories coming back too. Good times! Sucky teacher. LOL! I actually think of band every time I watch "how to lose a guy in 10 days" because of the BS game. Glad we found eachother and cannot wait to catch back up!!!!!!

Jenny said...

Hey Dree! - I just got your post... and I will DEFINITELY make you a template!! ---- Let the Rivalry begin! Actually, I need to re-do Carrie's as well, (it has some design problems and other stuff that have been bugging me) -- don't worry, they will be equally awesome!! Thanks for the email !! - I deleted your post comment so your email isn't "out there" - I'm sure you don't care, but just in case...
how is the baby coming along? Are you sick of being pregnant? Or do you love it?

either way, hang in there!